Monday, February 13, 2012

All About Me

My name is Samantha Dickerson. I am a photographer out of Lenawee County in southeast Michigan with over 10 years of photography experience. You can contact me at skdickerson1@gmail.com or 517-262-7409.  My main focus is photo-journalistic, natural light photography.  Of course I will use artificial light and light manipulators instead of or to compliment any available natural light.  All sessions are on location.  I have been interested in photography since before I can remember.  One of the first "major" purchases when I got my first job was a nice camera.  I have always been very artistic.  I got my first SLR camera(Canon Rebel G) for a photography class in 1999.  Ever since I have not been without an SLR or DSLR.  I went to college for Art education my major media being photography.  I now have a bachelors degree.  I am so lucky to have my 3 beautiful children.  They get so tired of my always wanting to photograph them.  I can't help myself.  They are so adorable it is very inspiring.  I know I have a lot to learn about photography, but i also have a lot to offer.  That is one of the many things I love about photography.  There is always something to learn because  1) there is so very much to know and 2) the technology is ever changing.  I love learning new things.  I am an artist.  I enjoy painting (some of my backdrops are hand painted), drawing (with charcoal, graphite, pastels, pretty much anything that marks), sculpting with clay (Sculpy and air dry clay are very fun to for kids) and sculpting with found objects.

    
This is how I normally look.
What's in my bag?
Camera Body:
       Canon 5D Mark III
       Canon 7D
       Canon G12 
Lenses:
       50mm f1.4
       70-200mm f2.8L
       50mm f2.5 macro
       28-135mm f3.5-5.6
Speed lights:
       Canon 580ex
       Canon 540ez


One day he will be so mad I took this photo,
I LOVE to bake!  Especially in the cold months.  Maybe because it is art you can eat.  These pig cakepops were a big hit in my house.  1 cake makes about 60 cakepops.  I only usually make half at a time, but we still end up giving them to people because their are so many.  No-one complains about that.






My baby guy resting with me.

 
Sewing is another things I enjoy.  It is like Art you can wear!  Every year I put a photo of the kids in our Christmas cards.  Christmas 2011 I wanted to do a Christmas cookies photo.  The aprons the kids already had were patterned and just too busy to have all of them together for a photo.  I made these white aprons and hats to match.  The kids were actually excited to do these photos because 1) they got to wear new hats and aprons and 2) they got to eat cookies!

She likes to be like Mommy.

The kids are always finding friends to bring home.


My oldest loves to read.


Kids without pants is normal at my house




Recommendations:

"I have had Samantha do my photography sessions on several occasions including my wedding pictures and have been happy with all of the shots. She has been very professional and friendly. I would choose her for future sessions with the confidence to know that I will be happy with the results."
Jessica Cheadle – July 6, 2011
"Sam has phenomenal ability to photograph children. Her ideas are never ending. I thoroughly enjoy having her take photos of my kids and family. There are always so many great shots-it is hard for me to choose"
Allison Ott – July 5, 2011
 
"Samantha took pictures of my family last summer. She was punctual, well organized, and friendly. My son was 15 months old at the time and she was amazing with him; patient and able to get many smiles. The pictures were beautiful and delivered in a timely manner. She was able to capture who we are; not just your standard poses. I can't wait to have her photograph us again." 
Sarah Publiski – July 5, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment