Monday, May 7, 2012

Earrings for My Big Girl

 

Natalie has been talking about girls in her class at school who have pierced ears lately.  I asked her if she thought she wanted hers pierced.  Of course she said she did, but I don't think she realized at the time that it hurts.   I explained to her that it hurts a lot and showed her how the post goes into a hole in your ear.  I have my ears pierced and I showed her the post and how i put earrings on and how the back keeps them from falling out.  She said she still wanted them done even thought they poke a hole in your ear and it hurts a lot.  

I took her to pick out a starter pair, but I did not have my camera, so of course we could not really do it.  then I took her a couple of days later, but they said they only had 1 person there to do it.  With little kids they only do it with 2 people because after the first one the child does not let them do the second one.  With 2 people they can do both ears at the same time.  Third time's a charm.  We got there and she was all ready to go.  There were 2 people there to do the piercing and I had my camera.  As it was getting closer I could tell she was getting more and more nervous. She was not really letting them see both of her ears at the same time, so while I was holding her hands I was also holding her head straight.  I don't think she expected it to hurt so much because she was crying so sadly.  It was like she was heartbroken.  Not angry...or hurt....or frustrated.  She just sobbed quietly and I held her for probably close to a full 2 minutes. 

It didn't take long after that to be her cute smiley self again, only this time showing off her new earrings.  To her Daddy and brother, Cameron, the ladies who did the piercing, the cashier.  Everyone we saw.  After her ears are all healed, 6-8 weeks, we are going to go let her pick out another pair of earrings.  We were looking at the kid earrings and there are some very very cute Hello Kitty earrings, but I could see how her eyes lit up at the Tinkerbell pair, so I would guess that will be the pair she chooses.  We will see.


Here they are cleaning her ears.  She was nervous until we told her they were just cleaning them and not piercing them yet.

I did not get to actually get a picture of them putting the earrings in because she was nervous and I was holding her hands.  When they did it she seemed surprised that it hurt so much and I just held her for a few minutes.  

It looks like she is over the sadness.



 Here she is showing off her new earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment